A win!

Saturday practice went well with only two damp sessions we made a minor set up change to the chassis to no obvious change in pace.

Sunday and the first heat, I started 10th on the grid but an awful start left me 16th with a pack of karts in a bunch ahead generally getting in the way (which they're perfectly entitled to do) I was having trouble working my way through when on the entry to the right hand Dan Wheldon corner everyone seemed to go left and on the grass and in front of me was an airborne spinning kart. Thankfully I managed to go right and scrape over the kerb to miss it and came out of the corner in 6th, where I finished. Sometimes luck works in your favour. Heat 2 I started 6th, I did a great diver around the outside of turn 1 at the start and came out second. There followed a great three way scrap for the lead and I finished up third.

Heat 3 dad reckons was the best I'd ever driven, starting 14th and carving through the traffic to finish 6th, lots of fun that one.

The final, I lined up 3rd behind James Barty with Theo Tibbitts 2nd on the grid and Aaron Lask 4th. There followed a great scrap all of us lapping at the same pace and the top three swapping places, I'd lead, then drop to third when on lap 8 I took the lead and managed to hold off attempts to pass. Two laps from the end James and Aaron made slight contact that slowed them enough for me to get a lead of a few kart lengths, from there it was just a drive to the finish. Dad spent those two laps waiting for the kart to break apparently but it got me home in first. A great result.

Thanks as ever to Gillard racing karts for their great chassis. To Michael Anthony Estate Agents for their support, to Maddie, Mark & George for dog sitting and thanks again to all those that help out and enable me to race, Nanny and Grandad, Auntie Neatie and my cousins, all those Tyro drivers old and new. Also thanks to James, Aaron and Theo for keeping the racing clean all weekend and good luck to James at PFI.